Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Mothers Day Mess





Well, it started off as one of the best Mothers Days I've had to date. Flowers, breakfast, lots of loving from my boys- I had to ruin it and ask for lobster for lunch! So my lovely husband took the boys to the store picked up some wine and lobsters and prepared to make lunch for my mom and myself. What I didn't see coming was when he decided to let the boys pet them before lunch! Well, Noah ran upstairs and locked himself in his room and said that lobsters are NOT allowed in his house! He was screaming and completely traumatized. Owen on the other hand was curious and eventually warmed up to our lunch. He did not take it well when daddy put our lunch in a pot. Owen refused to eat his lunch and had his own breakdown which included- "That's my best friend! I'm not eating my friend!"
I almost lost it myself- he was so sad. How could I eat his friend! I did eat the lobster, but I don't think I'll be having one for a long time. This scenario was followed by several sleepless nights of Noah yelling "No lobsters allowed in my house anymore!"
Needless to say I'm glad I ordered those PETA coloring books and stickers, I think the boys will actually get it!
It still was the best mothers day! I love their sweet little souls.

No comments: