Friday, August 26, 2011

NYC Helicopter Tour: Mothers Day Gift


So, how many pictures can I actually squeeze in here and bore you with? Who would have known that my mom had always wanted to take a helicopter ride around NYC? Not me or any of my siblings! Every birthday, holiday, etc is always a hectic mess trying to get her something that she might actually want and I think we hit the mark this year.



Frank decided that I should go as well, so this was part of my Mothers Day gift as well. It was great! I got to sit up front with the pilot- so cool! Walter came, too!





Walter gifted me with a new camera and this was it's virgin flight! The really good pictures here are Walter 's, but I'm claiming to be a novice. I know it's a cop out, but I was scared to try anything exciting!




 God, I love New York! I heard somewhere that if you are from New York you are just genetically set to hate any other place. It's funny, but it's true. I love traveling, but New York is such a magical place for me I can't imagine living someplace else.



Okay, so the building with the blue thing and cranes is the new Freedom Tower ( WTC site) This is where Frank has been working for the last year. They've come along way since we took these photos, but this is around 80 floors. We went on a Saturday so Frank was off, so no fly by- LOL!


Ah, Central Park! The oasis in NYC, my college tanning hang out and past place of employment. (Tavern on the Green) The kids even recognize it from all the movies that have been filmed here.



I wish I had a picture of all of us there, but that is an entire other story! Definitely, worth the money and truly a once in a lifetime experience.

1 comment:

Uncle Wally said...

You worked at Tavern On The Green?