Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Barrett's Know How to Party




On July 13Th Frank celebrated his birthday. Unfortunately, he had to work that day, but the kids and I made him a great dinner, cupcakes and ice cream cake. We also spent the weekend celebrating Frank-Fest.



Owen's been taking swim lessons over the Summer and at the end they have a water carnival. The kids race take part in silly races against fellow swimmers. I'm so proud Owen didn't cheat this year. He took second place in both his races.


We took another short trip to city because I had a cocktail party to attend in SoHo. Frank took the boys around town while I partied with other bloggers in style!


This year I attended BlogHer for the first time. It's a blogging conference. I had a blast and learned so much. I also got to listen to Martha Stewart and Katie Couric speak. It was amazing.

 Frank and the kids met me Saturday night after the conference. We attended a private screening on the new movie The Odd Life of Timothy Green. We also were treated to previews of other Disney movies to come.


The boys felt special attending the screening. They felt even more special when they got to go to the rooftop cocktail party hosted by Disney after the movie. Everyone kept saying how Owen looked like a young Timothy Green



 I loved this movie and so did the boys. You should catch it! It opens today and it will touch your heart in unexpected ways. Bring lots of tissues!




So far it's been a pretty good Summer for us!

1 comment:

Uncle Wally said...

My favorite line was "I was so proud of Owen because he didn't cheat this year..."