Sunday, June 23, 2013

More Adventures in The Land of Barrett




Yes, I'm still catching up, but at least we are in April now. We were invited back to Field Station Dinosaurs in New Jersey for Blogger Day. They had many new improvements, but my favorite was the 3D movie! Awesome!


The last time we came it was blazing hot and this time so chilly! We had yummy hot chocolates and coffee to keep us warm. Another big improvement was that they now offer veggie burgers, so we don't have to worry about having something for Owen to eat!



 The biggest news of the month was that Frank quit his job of over 15 years. I'm happy to report that he is loving his new position as Senior Project Director at his new Manhattan digs. We celebrated by having some of his past and current co-workers over for a party.


Nonna came for a visit while I had a Blogger event to attend. The boys and I took her to Gunk Haus, One of our favorite places to eat, for a quick lunch before she headed home.


Once again we hit Manhattan to attend a show and had some time to take the boys to the New York Public Library. This is one amazing building and if you haven't dropped in you should.


The boys couldn't get over the size of it and loved posing with the Lego Lion display. We also introduced them to pay phones! Imagine how old we felt explaining how a pay phone works.


Noah and I then hopped onto the carousel at Bryant Park. Owen thought he was too mature to ride it.  The park looked beautiful that day. The food vendors were out and the lawn was being prepped to be opened to the public. They have lots of free events so we took a flyer to plan our future visits.


Of course we will be back since Frank is currently working on this job at 7 Bryant Park. The boys got to peak through the fencing. They were excited to see the big hole in the ground.


Next we were off to The New Victory Theater again, this time to see The Firework Makers Daughter an opera for kids. Frank had a tough time staying awake, but the kids loved it. I'm not a big fan of opera, so I felt fortunate that we had this opportunity for the kids to see it.


Then off we went to Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum across the street. Luckily I secured a coupon from Groupon and was able to get us tickets at 50 percent off. We usually don't spend much money because we get free tickets in exchange for reviews on my blog. This was a splurge for us, but a fun one.


Besides attending an event for Madame Alexander Doll Company this month I also attended an event with Elisabeth Hasselbeck from The View. The event focused on families getting active.


I feel fortunate that my work lets me meet interesting people, go to interesting places, and still spend quality time with my family. Now, if I would make more money I'd be set-LOL! 


No comments: