Friday, March 18, 2016

A Sort of Calm Start to 2016


The new year started off quite calm. We have been very busy with basketball and games every weekend.




The boys tried taking the pigs out for a walk, but they seemed a bit startled. I think they will enjoy being able to be outdoors once the weather is nice. 



We've been keeping bust with family movie nights, game nights and just messing around. I still wish we would have some snow this Winter so we could have been snowed in together! 


Kung Fu Panda 3 was finally released so I could finally share my interview and photo with Lucy Liu. You can visit my blog and read all about it HERE


Ritzy has been acting a bit more like one of the family lately. He likes sitting with the boys when they eat and do homework. When it gets warmer we will have to have him shaved again. His back is matted again because he's too fat to clean himself there!


These chickens are just plain old trouble! Our newest bird Leo has shown the rest of the chickens that dusting in my porch planters is a great idea. I had to put buckets in there to stop them!


School is going well for the boys. Noah really loves it so he's all set to go next year. Owen will be returning to public school. He loves the teachers and the academics, but with there being only 2 boys in his class he finds himself lacking in the social department. 


These guys made the Honor Roll again for second quarter! 


Owen however missed the class on putting his hands out in front of him when he falls! Thankfully I was at the school when his "friend" pushed him and he fell. This is after 3 ice packs! 


That same day we were rear-ended pulling into our driveway! Thankfully we were all okay. The neighbors were awesome and my friend stopped as she was driving by and gave us a hand. It took about a month to get fixed and a week after I got her back I was rear-ended again! This time at a stop light! Ugh!


We had a special Valentine's Day family style! The kids and I planned an entire day for Frank. 

Frank ate quite differently before we married. So the kids and I bought a few of his childhood food memories! It was actually funny when we gave him Pop Tarts for breakfast and Corned Beef Hash from a can the next day. He also enjoyed Chicken Chow Mein from a can, Rice a Roni and spaghetti with Ragu! The kids were a little grossed out, but Frank had a good laugh about it. I don't think he'll be complaining about food any time soon.

Frank and the kids made the "real" dinner! A blooming Onion, heart shaped ravioli, and lobster. Frank and Noah hid the lobsters from Owen in the washing machine till dinner. Yes, it was a little creepy. 


My little guy Owen bought these for me for Valentines! He picked them out online, gave Frank money so that he could order them. He's such a little romantic!


We did go through a cold spell and our pipes frozen in the kitchen.  After trying all the tricks Frank had to cut open the cabinet floor to get to the pipes. Thankfully we didn't experience any burst pipes!


The boys have started to enjoy playing Scrabble, but Ritzy is also enjoying it for different reasons. He started off in the box, but I guess  the game board looked more comfortable!



Owen didn't want a party this year so we just had a sleepover with a couple of friends the weekend before his birthday. He's into cats right now so this cat was a big hit! The baker at Hannaford did a great job for my last minute request!


I did have an opportunity to interview actors Hugh Jackman and Taron Egerton for their new movie Eddie the Eagle. I can't wait to take the kids to see this movie. It has such a great message! 


More updates for March coming soon, but that about covers January and February! 

















No comments: